CLASS ACT PERFORMING ARTS STUDIO POLICIES
- The CAPAS year will consist of (32) thirty-two weekly class sessions from September 20, 2017 – June 9, 2018.
- Select classes run on a 16-week semester (Fall/Spring) basis.
- Scheduled closures, school vacations, holidays have been accounted for and you are not paying for weeks the studio is closed. Please reference the CAPAS Calendar for studio closures.
- If your student will be absent, please click here to complete the form. Repeated and habitual absences are frowned upon; special circumstances will be addressed individually.
- 2 make-up classes are allowed per semester, except during the month of May. Make-ups may be taken in alternate sections of age and level appropriate classes.
- We do not offer additional make-ups for holidays, weather closures or other instances when the studio might be closed.
- Please email email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance to schedule a make-up class. Requests that come in after the 24 hour will be granted solely at our discretion.
- Should you miss a scheduled make-up class, it may not be rescheduled.
- Private lessons must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance to be eligible for a makeup.
- Students have the option to participate with their class(es) in The Annual Showcase. A costume fee will be assessed for each class and must be paid by December 22nd.
- NEW: There is a mandatory dress rehearsal on Thursday, June 14th & Friday, June 15th at South Orange Performing Arts Center (SOPAC) and the performances will take place between 11am and 8pm on Saturday, June 16th also at SOPAC. There will be multiple shows and exact performance times TBD.
- It is a ticketed event and tickets will go on sale several weeks before the performance. Ticketing is handled through SOPAC.
- Parents/Drivers should plan to drop-off and pick-up children on time.
- Parents/Drivers of children under age 7 MUST wait until the child has been taken into the classroom by the teacher or teacher’s assistant.
- We DISCOURAGE all children from waiting outside.
- Please wear cover-ups and remove dance shoes before exiting the building.